The Red Mills is a local landmark to Boggstown, Indiana and Shelby County. Originally constructed in 1821, the building still stands in good condition, a credit to the owner's maintenance. It isn't known how much of the original machinery still exists.
Some of the following information was taken from an old Post Card published by Floyd Mitchell, of Bridgeton, Indiana. The Red Mills was operated continuously from 1821 until 1975. Built by Joseph Hough, it was purchased by F.R. Garver in 1921, and was still operated partly by vertical water power turbine.
BoggstownShelby CountyIndianaThe Red MillsThe Red MillGrist Millmillwater power